So, you’ve just been bitten by a bed bug? Well, there is no cause for alarm since a bug bite can be treated. When you’re bitten by a bed bug, you may develop symptoms such as rashes that can be itchy. Although the rash itself is not prejudicial to health, the swells and redness do not clear easily and may call for medication-they can get so itchy that you become uncomfortable. Here are some remedies for bed bug bites and rashes:
Home remedies for Insect Bites
It is always advisable to try treating bed bug bites naturally and opt for medication when the natural remedies fail. However, there’s absolutely nothing wrong if you seek medical help first. Here are some of the home remedies:
1. Apply warm water immediately to the bites. This method has been known to provide relief for some people.
2. Wash the bite with antibacterial soap to prevent the bacteria from growing and thus causing infection.
3. Use calamine lotion to help protect the skin during its healing process. It’ll also fasten the drying process and heals the affected area faster.
4. Add powdered oatmeal to a lukewarm bath. This will not only relieve you from itching, but also reduce irritations and inflammations.
5. Apply a mixture of baking soda and salt to the affected areas to reduce inflammation.
6. Dip a cotton ball in Alka-Seltzer solution and then rub on the rash to help clear it. However, this should never be used by people who are allergic to aspirin.
Best treatment for bedbug bites
Medication If you cannot treat a bed bug bite naturally, then you should consider visiting a doctor. Here are some of the medications that a doctor may give you:
1. Cortaid These are topical creams that are usually applied directly to the affected areas to get rid of the itching sensation.
2. Claritin and Zyrtec These are oral antihistamines usually taken during daytime and are not responsible for causing drowsiness. Although, they are readily available over-the-counter, using them under the doctor’s prescription is recommended.
3. Benadryl Unlike Claritin and Zyrtec, this form of medication usually causes drowsiness. As such, it should be used just before a person retires.
4. Prednisone This is an oral steroid that is used to treat itching. Take note that it not an over-the-counter medication and thus a doctor’s prescription must be obtained.
As the experts put it, prevention is better than cure. It’s better to prevent bed bugs than be bitten and then begin looking for medication. For instance, you need to learn to identify their eggs and destroy them before they hatch.
How to identify common Bug bites
However, in case the prevention is not successful, do not worry. Bed bugs bites can be cured! The above ways will see you achieve this.For more knowledge about prevention of bed bugs bite,you can review http://larasmallman.com/